Amitabh Bachchan on Delhi rape: Even an animal won't behave so
- Supreme Court curtails BCCI's financial powers, independent auditor to scrutinise accounts
- Bhubaneswar hospital fire: More patients succumb to injuries, death toll reaches 24
- Embraer aircraft deal: CBI names defence agent Vipin Khanna as key beneficiary in payoffs FIR
- Scrap English requirement, references that insult India: RSS edu wing to HRD
- US: 500 million pages of sensitive govt record stolen by ex-NSA contractor
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has ventedm his anger over the gang-rape of a Delhi student in a moving bus, saying that even an animal wouldn't have behaved in this manner.
The 70-year-old actor said on Twitter that he had a lot to express about the Sunday night incident but he was too disturbed by the atrocity of it.
"Wanted to say so much of the day.. but so disturbed by the gang rape case in Delhi.. atrocious and unforgivable!!...The fear of system, of order, of conduct guided by justice, is fast disappearing. Is this the freedom that our elders fought for!!
"On this public platform I dare not even attempt to mention the details of the rape case... even an animal would not behave so," he posted on the micro-blogging site.
"Durga, Kali, Lakshmi are goddesses... we pay homage to them, respect them. Women need to be respected, and given pride of place," he added.
The 23-year-old paramedical student was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
Actress Priyanka Chopra also tweeted about the incident, saying that it's scary that an independent woman in her own country cannot take a bus without the fear of being attacked.
"This is not just a crime against women.. It's a crime against society.. With so much being said about how women need to dress appropriately or behave appropriately.. I find this whole dialogue absurd..
- Khurram Parvez jailing appears unjust, against govt’s self-interest in troubled Kashmir
- Under PM Modi, new synergy between India’s economic & foreign policy
- Climate justice must be ingrained in rules of new climate compacts
- Despite his outrageous views, Donald Trump represents hope to many Americans
- One advantage of redefining military action as surgery is that it mobilises rhetoric of health
- SC stand on triple talaq remains to be seen