Amitabh Bachchan pays poetic tribute to gangrape victim
- BJP rift grows wider, Jaswant hits out, Sushma âsaddenedâ
- Govt makes new ordinance move, now for a varsity at Soniaâs seat
- China investigating new images of possible debris of missing Malaysian jet
- Sena warns its ally: Advani era is not yet over in Indian politics
- Murdered Bihar teacher was popular, taught both Hindus, Muslims for free
As the entire country mourned the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, megastar Amitabh Bachchan has composed a moving poem as a tribute to her hoping that the world wakes up to the right and dignity of women.
Referring to the 23-year-old girl as 'Damini' and 'Amaanat', the senior actor's poem in Hindi and English said that long after the candle light vigil and floral tributes would end, "...the 'fearless' (nirbhayata) fire that has been ignited, shall rekindle the flames in our hearts..."
Following is the poem:
"With the passage of time, the candles shall burn out and lose their flame...
The flowers offered with devotion, shall in the absence of water, get dry and weathered out...
The voices of protest both vocal and silent, shall lose their strength...
But the 'fearless' ( nirbhayata ) fire that has been ignited, shall rekindle the flames in our hearts...
The waterless dry and weathered flowers, shall be brought to life drenched by the tears in our eyes...
With a burning throat the soul of 'Damini' and 'Amaanat', shall be voiced in the entire universe...
That I am the Mother, sister and daughter of my Bharat...
Respect and dignity are my birthright possessions ..
Bharat the country is my Mother...
Forget about me, become at least the recognised worthy face of your Mother..!!"
- Mamata slams Cong, BJP for passing Telangana Bill
- Mollah calls for Muslim-Dalit ‘Maha Jot’ to defeat Left, TMC
- Didi releases party manifestos, reflects ‘national ambition’
- Rs 700-crore hawala racket busted, Surat trader’s home, office raided
- Just a click away, one stop data on over 10 lakh criminals
- The age of individualism