Amitabh Bachchan receives NTR Film Award
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was tonight presented with N T Rama Rao National Film Award set up by the Andhra Pradesh government.
"I have no words to express my extreme gratitude for this very very warm welcome....I feel very honoured and very humbled to receive this recognition from Andhra Pradesh government," Amitabh Bachchan said after receiving the award from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Extending greetings for Telugu New Year Ugadi and noting that he shared a lovely relationship with the late NTR, Bachchan said "many of his films we would remake in Hindi and many of our films were remade in Telugu."
Cinema had been a great unifying factor for the country as it evokes the same emotions among all, the superstar said, adding Indian cinema will be celebrating a century of its existence next month, which was a matter of pride.