Amitabh Bachchan receives NTR Film Award
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was tonight presented with N T Rama Rao National Film Award set up by the Andhra Pradesh government.
"I have no words to express my extreme gratitude for this very very warm welcome....I feel very honoured and very humbled to receive this recognition from Andhra Pradesh government," Amitabh Bachchan said after receiving the award from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Extending greetings for Telugu New Year Ugadi and noting that he shared a lovely relationship with the late NTR, Bachchan said "many of his films we would remake in Hindi and many of our films were remade in Telugu."
Cinema had been a great unifying factor for the country as it evokes the same emotions among all, the superstar said, adding Indian cinema will be celebrating a century of its existence next month, which was a matter of pride.