Amitabh Bachchan receives NTR Film Award
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was tonight presented with N T Rama Rao National Film Award set up by the Andhra Pradesh government.
"I have no words to express my extreme gratitude for this very very warm welcome....I feel very honoured and very humbled to receive this recognition from Andhra Pradesh government," Amitabh Bachchan said after receiving the award from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Extending greetings for Telugu New Year Ugadi and noting that he shared a lovely relationship with the late NTR, Bachchan said "many of his films we would remake in Hindi and many of our films were remade in Telugu."
Cinema had been a great unifying factor for the country as it evokes the same emotions among all, the superstar said, adding Indian cinema will be celebrating a century of its existence next month, which was a matter of pride.
The other recipients of the award include popular Telugu heroes Nagarjuna and Mahesh Babu.