Amitabh Bachchan retrospective at Florence Indian Film Festival
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is looking forward to the upcoming River To River 2012 Indian Film Festival in Florence as some of his films will be screened at the seven-day event.
The 70-year-old actor is excited about visiting the festival where his movies including "Deewar", "Black" and "Sholay" will be screened.
"...Tomorrow to Florence, Italy as guest of honor for the Film Festival which does a retrospective of my films, starting with 'Black'," he posted on Twitter.
'Everlasting Light', a documentary on the life and career of Big B by Ram Madhvani, will also be screened at the fest.
The film extravaganza will honour the actor and his wife Jaya for their contribution to films. But he says the actress-politician will be unable to attend it because of her political commitments.
"It was meant to be to honour Jaya and myself, but she cannot come because of Parliament. Another beautiful city, another honour," he added.
The film festival will start from December 7 and will come to an end on December 13.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi