Amitabh Bachchan retrospective at Florence Indian Film Festival
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is looking forward to the upcoming River To River 2012 Indian Film Festival in Florence as some of his films will be screened at the seven-day event.
The 70-year-old actor is excited about visiting the festival where his movies including "Deewar", "Black" and "Sholay" will be screened.
"...Tomorrow to Florence, Italy as guest of honor for the Film Festival which does a retrospective of my films, starting with 'Black'," he posted on Twitter.
'Everlasting Light', a documentary on the life and career of Big B by Ram Madhvani, will also be screened at the fest.
The film extravaganza will honour the actor and his wife Jaya for their contribution to films. But he says the actress-politician will be unable to attend it because of her political commitments.
"It was meant to be to honour Jaya and myself, but she cannot come because of Parliament. Another beautiful city, another honour," he added.
The film festival will start from December 7 and will come to an end on December 13.