Amitabh Bachchan says no to cameo role in Zanjeer remake
- AAP-BJP clashes: Kejriwal & Co to file complaint with Election Commission against BJP
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
Contrary to reports, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who played the iconic cop Vijay in Prakash Mehra's Zanjeer in 1973, won't be making an appearance in the remake by Apoorva Lakhani which stars south Indian actor Ram Charan Teja and also features Priyanka Chopra and Sanjay Dutt in lead roles.
Reportedly the film's team was very keen to get Big B to do a cameo but to no effect.
Amitabh Bachchan's other commitments prevented him from putting in a token appearance as a senior cop.
When contacted director Apoorva Lakhia said, "Although it would be an honour for any filmmaker to have India's most iconic actor in his film, Amitji won't be playing a role in Zanjeer."
So once and for all, no Big B in the new Zanjeer.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students