Amitabh Bachchan says no to cameo role in Zanjeer remake
Contrary to reports, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who played the iconic cop Vijay in Prakash Mehra's Zanjeer in 1973, won't be making an appearance in the remake by Apoorva Lakhani which stars south Indian actor Ram Charan Teja and also features Priyanka Chopra and Sanjay Dutt in lead roles.
Reportedly the film's team was very keen to get Big B to do a cameo but to no effect.
Amitabh Bachchan's other commitments prevented him from putting in a token appearance as a senior cop.
When contacted director Apoorva Lakhia said, "Although it would be an honour for any filmmaker to have India's most iconic actor in his film, Amitji won't be playing a role in Zanjeer."
So once and for all, no Big B in the new Zanjeer.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18