Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan attend 'Chittagong' screening
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Bollywood's biggest stars Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan turned up for the special screening of Anurag Kashyap's production 'Chittagong'.
Amitabh walked in along with his wife Jaya in support of the film while Shah Rukh was spotted deep in conversation with producers Sunil Bohra, Kashyap and director Bedabrata Pain, who left his job at NASA to turn filmmaker.
Set against the backdrop of a little known saga in 1930s British-occupied India (now Bangladesh) - where a group of schoolboys and young women, led by a schoolteacher, Masterda Surya Sen dared to take on the British empire.
"'Chittagong' the film by Bedabrata Pain premier a moving touching experience... sensitively shot and enacted. The film that captures an important part of our history - freedom fight against British rule, by a bunch of school kids," the 69-year-old actor posted on Twitter.
The film has been co-produced by Bedabrata's director wife Shonali Bose of "Amu" fame and stars Manoj Bajpayee, Vega Tamotia, Jaideep Ahlawat, Nawazuddin Siddiqu and Alexx O'Nell.
Shahrukh, 46, also took to the microblogging site to praise the performance of the actors.
"What a delightfully intense film Chittagong. All the best Bedo, Anurag Kashyap, Manoj, Vega, Nawazuddin, Shonali. Thanx for the experience," he posted.
The other celebrities from Bollywood who turned up to watch the film included directors Vishal Bharadwaj, Nagesh Kukunoor, Dibakar Banerjee, Abhinav Kashyap and Sudhir Mishra.
Actors Huma Qureshi, Sonu Sood, Anil Kapoor, Konkona Sensharma also attended the premiere.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov