Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan attend 'Chittagong' screening
Bollywood's biggest stars Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan turned up for the special screening of Anurag Kashyap's production 'Chittagong'.
Amitabh walked in along with his wife Jaya in support of the film while Shah Rukh was spotted deep in conversation with producers Sunil Bohra, Kashyap and director Bedabrata Pain, who left his job at NASA to turn filmmaker.
Set against the backdrop of a little known saga in 1930s British-occupied India (now Bangladesh) - where a group of schoolboys and young women, led by a schoolteacher, Masterda Surya Sen dared to take on the British empire.
"'Chittagong' the film by Bedabrata Pain premier a moving touching experience... sensitively shot and enacted. The film that captures an important part of our history - freedom fight against British rule, by a bunch of school kids," the 69-year-old actor posted on Twitter.
The film has been co-produced by Bedabrata's director wife Shonali Bose of "Amu" fame and stars Manoj Bajpayee, Vega Tamotia, Jaideep Ahlawat, Nawazuddin Siddiqu and Alexx O'Nell.
Shahrukh, 46, also took to the microblogging site to praise the performance of the actors.
"What a delightfully intense film Chittagong. All the best Bedo, Anurag Kashyap, Manoj, Vega, Nawazuddin, Shonali. Thanx for the experience," he posted.
The other celebrities from Bollywood who turned up to watch the film included directors Vishal Bharadwaj, Nagesh Kukunoor, Dibakar Banerjee, Abhinav Kashyap and Sudhir Mishra.
Actors Huma Qureshi, Sonu Sood, Anil Kapoor, Konkona Sensharma also attended the premiere.
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death