Amitabh Bachchan slams media frenzy for not respecting Delhi gangrape victimís privacy
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
The 'Shahenshah' of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan is reportedly angry with the media for not respecting the privacy of the Delhi gangrape victim while being shifted to another location.
The 70-year-old actor, who was rushed to hospital a couple of years ago, recalled the difficulty he and his family faced because of the media frenzy, which delayed his treatment by 20 minutes.
"Lot of debate and discussion and comments on the media coverage of patient (Delhi gangrape) being shifted in ambulance to another location Ö patient privacy is an important element in the Constitutional Journals of Medical Ethics," he said.
"Couple of years ago when I was in an emergency and taken to hospital, media had blocked the ambulance door to such an extent that it took my family and the doctors 20 minutes to open the door to get me out, while I suffered pain inside, impatient to get immediate medical attention," he added.
In the Delhi gangraped girl's case it took a secret operation to transfer her from Safdarjung hospital to Palam air force station, before she was flown to Singapore on Wednesday night - hospital authorities and the police jointly made elaborate preparations all day, culminating in a 15-minute sequence that saw two apparently hoax ambulances being set up, before the Medanta ambulance with the patient left around 10.30 pm.
An elaborate hoax with burqa-clad people coming in and out of hospital too was enacted before the girl could be moved out of hospital.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer