Amitabh Bachchan slams media frenzy for not respecting Delhi gangrape victimís privacy
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
The 'Shahenshah' of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan is reportedly angry with the media for not respecting the privacy of the Delhi gangrape victim while being shifted to another location.
The 70-year-old actor, who was rushed to hospital a couple of years ago, recalled the difficulty he and his family faced because of the media frenzy, which delayed his treatment by 20 minutes.
"Lot of debate and discussion and comments on the media coverage of patient (Delhi gangrape) being shifted in ambulance to another location Ö patient privacy is an important element in the Constitutional Journals of Medical Ethics," he said.
"Couple of years ago when I was in an emergency and taken to hospital, media had blocked the ambulance door to such an extent that it took my family and the doctors 20 minutes to open the door to get me out, while I suffered pain inside, impatient to get immediate medical attention," he added.
In the Delhi gangraped girl's case it took a secret operation to transfer her from Safdarjung hospital to Palam air force station, before she was flown to Singapore on Wednesday night - hospital authorities and the police jointly made elaborate preparations all day, culminating in a 15-minute sequence that saw two apparently hoax ambulances being set up, before the Medanta ambulance with the patient left around 10.30 pm.
An elaborate hoax with burqa-clad people coming in and out of hospital too was enacted before the girl could be moved out of hospital.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota