Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi voted most-admired Bollywood actors
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan and actress Sridevi have emerged as the most-admired Bollywood actors in a new mobile survey.
According to the Vuclip Icons of the Year 2012 survey, which was conducted in three parts, Bachchan earned the maximum votes with a 43 per cent share when it came to the year's most admired Bollywood actor.
'Hawa Hawai' girl Sridevi, who made her Bollywood comeback after 15 years with 'English Vinglish', left behind present day beauties like Kareena Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and Vidya Balan to win with a narrow margin of votes against Katrina Kaif.
"I am humbled to see the overwhelming response from my fans. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them once again for their love, blessings and unstinted support towards me and my movies. Whatever I have achieved in life is because of the love and support of my fans," said Sridevi.
With 70 per cent votes, A R Rahman became the most admired Bollywood music composer. Sonu Niigaam bagged the title of the most admired male playback singer and female playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan emerged as India's heartthrob in a tight finish with Shreya Ghoshal.
Aditya Chopra was chosen as the most admired Bollywood filmmaker ahead of Anurag Basu, Anurag Kashyap, Karan Johar and Mahesh Bhatt.
Indians chose Angelia Jolie as the most admired Hollywood actress while Johhny Depp was voted the hottest Hollywood actor of 2012. The most admired international female singer recognition went to Lady Gaga. American singer-songwriter Bruno Mars emerged as the most admired international male singer.
Ratan Tata emerged as India's Most Admired Business Icon with 53 per cent votes, followed by Mukesh Ambani at 29 per cent. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Azim Premji and Chanda Kochchar amassed 8 per cent, 6 per cent and 4 cent votes respectively.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?