Amitabh Bachchan still can't believe that Bal Thackeray is no more
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Remembering late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on his 87th birth anniversary today, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said he still does not believe that Balasaheb has passed away.
"I still call him Balasaheb, because I still feel that he is among us," Bachchan said at a programme of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) here.
The legendary actor today inaugurated various programmes of the BMC like the virtual classroom which has been connected to over 400 civic body schools and 'Swach Mumbai Prabodhan Abhiyan', aimed at cleanliness of the city.
He also said that if women in the country are healthy, the nation will be healthy.
"I always say that women are half the strength of the country," he added.