Amitabh Bachchan still can't believe that Bal Thackeray is no more
- India can boycott parliamentary conference, will not invite J-K Assembly Speaker: Pakistan
- Congress stalls GST Bill in Rajya Sabha; Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul
- Modi hails Mulayam's support to end logjam in Parliament
- Aadhaar card will be optional for availing social benefit schemes: Supreme Court
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad, husband Javed Anand
Remembering late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on his 87th birth anniversary today, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said he still does not believe that Balasaheb has passed away.
"I still call him Balasaheb, because I still feel that he is among us," Bachchan said at a programme of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) here.
The legendary actor today inaugurated various programmes of the BMC like the virtual classroom which has been connected to over 400 civic body schools and 'Swach Mumbai Prabodhan Abhiyan', aimed at cleanliness of the city.
He also said that if women in the country are healthy, the nation will be healthy.
"I always say that women are half the strength of the country," he added.
Bachchan also assured the civic body that he would make himself available to contribute for these initiatives as and when required.