Amitabh Bachchan still can't believe that Bal Thackeray is no more
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Remembering late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on his 87th birth anniversary today, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said he still does not believe that Balasaheb has passed away.
"I still call him Balasaheb, because I still feel that he is among us," Bachchan said at a programme of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) here.
The legendary actor today inaugurated various programmes of the BMC like the virtual classroom which has been connected to over 400 civic body schools and 'Swach Mumbai Prabodhan Abhiyan', aimed at cleanliness of the city.
He also said that if women in the country are healthy, the nation will be healthy.
"I always say that women are half the strength of the country," he added.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?