Amitabh Bachchan still can't believe that Bal Thackeray is no more
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
Remembering late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on his 87th birth anniversary today, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said he still does not believe that Balasaheb has passed away.
"I still call him Balasaheb, because I still feel that he is among us," Bachchan said at a programme of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) here.
The legendary actor today inaugurated various programmes of the BMC like the virtual classroom which has been connected to over 400 civic body schools and 'Swach Mumbai Prabodhan Abhiyan', aimed at cleanliness of the city.
He also said that if women in the country are healthy, the nation will be healthy.
"I always say that women are half the strength of the country," he added.
Bachchan also assured the civic body that he would make himself available to contribute for these initiatives as and when required.