Amitabh Bachchan teams up with Subhash Ghai for biopic on Sarabjit Singh
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Years ago there were talks of Bollywood's showman Subhash Ghai teaming up with actor par excellence Amitabh Bachchan for a film titled 'Devaa'. However, the project was got shelved never to see the light of day. Now we hear that Ghai will soon be teaming up with Bachchan for his next film, that is a biopic on Sarabjit Singh.
In the film which is being produced by Ghai, Bachchan will feature as the Pakistani lawyer, while Sonakshi Sinha will apparently be seen playing Sarabjit's sister. The film is based on Sarabjit Singh, the Indian prisoner in Pakistan, who died in May this year after being attacked in jail.
Ghai confirmed the development stating that the script of the film has since been given to Bachchan who in turn is currently reading the same.