Amitabh Bachchan to be honoured with Global Diversity Award
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be presented with the Global Diversity Award here today.
The 70-year-old has also been invited to a tour around the Parliament house.
"There is more activity and honour coming my way, by meeting up with the Speaker of the Parliament and to be taken around to the most private and secure parts of the structure, ending in presenting me with the Global Diversity Award... So humbling," Bachchan posted on his Twitter page.
Over the years, the "Sholay" star has been conferred with many awards, including Padma Shri in 1984, Padma Bhushan in 2001 and France's highest civilian honour, the Knight of the Legion of Honour in 2007.
He has also been honoured with the Honorary Citizenship of the French town of Deauville. In July 2012, Bachchan carried the Olympic torch in London's Southwark.