Amitabh Bachchan to be honoured with Global Diversity Award
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be presented with the Global Diversity Award here today.
The 70-year-old has also been invited to a tour around the Parliament house.
"There is more activity and honour coming my way, by meeting up with the Speaker of the Parliament and to be taken around to the most private and secure parts of the structure, ending in presenting me with the Global Diversity Award... So humbling," Bachchan posted on his Twitter page.
Over the years, the "Sholay" star has been conferred with many awards, including Padma Shri in 1984, Padma Bhushan in 2001 and France's highest civilian honour, the Knight of the Legion of Honour in 2007.
He has also been honoured with the Honorary Citizenship of the French town of Deauville. In July 2012, Bachchan carried the Olympic torch in London's Southwark.