Amitabh Bachchan to work with Anurag Kashyap
- After Manmohan's listless rule, Modi eager to leave a mark: TIME magazine
- Congress says it will tail PM Modi on foreign trips and counter him there
- Breaking down PM Narendra Modi's three-nation tour
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
- Pakistan flag row: J&K Police arrest Masarat Alam
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is teaming up with Anurag Kashyap in his next untitled movie.
The 70-year-old will play the lead in the thriller, which is set to go on the floors early next year.
"I am delighted to be working with Anurag, a director, who has through his rugged belief in his kind of cinema compelled us to fall in line with him. I have a general concept of the story and anxiously wait for him to begin shooting," Bachchan said.
The duo recently worked together on short film Bombay Talkies.
"I'm thrilled. Like everyone, I have also been a fan of Mr Bachchan from my growing up years. Though I wanted to make a film with him for the longest time, I wanted to be sure that the role is something he has never done before. While working on the short film with him, I got this idea, which we discussed and he agreed," Kashyap said in a statement.
The movie will be produced by Phantom Films. PTI AYM