Amitabh Bachchan to work with Anurag Kashyap
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is teaming up with Anurag Kashyap in his next untitled movie.
The 70-year-old will play the lead in the thriller, which is set to go on the floors early next year.
"I am delighted to be working with Anurag, a director, who has through his rugged belief in his kind of cinema compelled us to fall in line with him. I have a general concept of the story and anxiously wait for him to begin shooting," Bachchan said.
The duo recently worked together on short film Bombay Talkies.
"I'm thrilled. Like everyone, I have also been a fan of Mr Bachchan from my growing up years. Though I wanted to make a film with him for the longest time, I wanted to be sure that the role is something he has never done before. While working on the short film with him, I got this idea, which we discussed and he agreed," Kashyap said in a statement.
The movie will be produced by Phantom Films. PTI AYM
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy