Amitabh Bachchan to work with Anurag Kashyap
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is teaming up with Anurag Kashyap in his next untitled movie.
The 70-year-old will play the lead in the thriller, which is set to go on the floors early next year.
"I am delighted to be working with Anurag, a director, who has through his rugged belief in his kind of cinema compelled us to fall in line with him. I have a general concept of the story and anxiously wait for him to begin shooting," Bachchan said.
The duo recently worked together on short film Bombay Talkies.
"I'm thrilled. Like everyone, I have also been a fan of Mr Bachchan from my growing up years. Though I wanted to make a film with him for the longest time, I wanted to be sure that the role is something he has never done before. While working on the short film with him, I got this idea, which we discussed and he agreed," Kashyap said in a statement.
The movie will be produced by Phantom Films. PTI AYM
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within