Amitabh Bachchan tops Screen Survey 2013, Shah Rukh Khan at No. 2
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Shah Rukh Khan continues to hold fort at second position as one of the biggest brands in Bollywood, even as his films go on a record breaking express at the box-office.
If there's Amitabh Bachchan, can Shah Rukh Khan be far behind?
The names of Bollywood's two most iconic actors are often taken in the same breath.
According to the survey, 14 per cent feel that Shah Rukh khan has the biggest brand value as an actor after Amitabh Bachchan in Screen Survey 2013.
Instrumental in making Bollywood brand conscious in the late 90s, his audience have no doubt about what makes this one-time television sensation tick on the big screen!
Screen Survery 2013: Salman Khan at No. 3, scores on his charisma
What sets Brand shah Rukh Khan apart from the rest, according to the survey, are qualities like being Articulate (18%), Passionate (16%), Intelligence (10%), Hardworking (9%) and Fitness (8%). He also scores high on Wit (7%) among the actors. They also see a streak of the Maverick (2%) in him.
His audience also recognise in the actor an astute businessman (6%) who is fearless as he dabbles in film production (first Dreams Unlimited, now Red Chillies), runs one of the most successful VFX studios in India, owns a cricket team (Kolkata Knight Riders) in the IPL and has a stake in Kidzania, an indoor theme park.
As much as he's in the spotlight for his various ventures, the actor has also seen biggest failures (Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, Asoka) and the biggest hits (Om Shanti Om and Chennai Express) in film-making as well as cricket, where his team was derided for poor on-field performance for three seasons till it picked up in the fourth.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress