Amitabh Bachchan, Vidya Balan named PETA's hottest vegetarian celebrities
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Bollywood megastar Amitab Bachchan and actress Vidya Balan have been named PETA's hottest celebrity vegetarians of 2012.
The other names in the running were Miss India Neha Dhupia, actor Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, southern star Dhanush, Kareena Kapoor and veteran actress Hema Malini.
Bachchan, 70, has been named the hottest vegetarian celebrity three times in the past and even won the crown in PETA Asia's equivalent contest last year.
Balan, who has won the crown in 2010, too has often credited her curves to her meat-free diet, saying, "I am a vegetarian, as a result my metabolism has improved and this is a huge contributor to weight loss."
More and more of India's hottest stars are choosing to keep meat off their plates and when you look at Amitabh and Vidya, it is easy to see why," said Poorva Joshipura, CEO, PETA India.
- Experts to Maruti: De-list or give in to investors’ pressure
- India-born Rajeev Suri may take over as Nokia CEO
- BJP MLA gets EC clearance for movie, asks ‘critics’ to stay away
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- SC rejects Nokia appeal over asset transfer to Microsoft
- Today is last day for enrolling as a voter: UT