Amitabh Bachchan, Vidya Balan named PETA's hottest vegetarian celebrities
- Hyderabad: Body of Dalit student, who committed suicide, sent for autopsy amid protests
- 'Dawood of Tamil Nadu' says ready to return from Dubai for 'fair trial'
- Ink attack on Kejriwal sparks war of words, AAP calls it a BJP conspiracy
- 'Widespread' match-fixing allegations hit tennis, Grand Slam winners involved
- In fact: Why Nawaz won’t buck the Pak army on Pathankot
Bollywood megastar Amitab Bachchan and actress Vidya Balan have been named PETA's hottest celebrity vegetarians of 2012.
The other names in the running were Miss India Neha Dhupia, actor Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, southern star Dhanush, Kareena Kapoor and veteran actress Hema Malini.
Bachchan, 70, has been named the hottest vegetarian celebrity three times in the past and even won the crown in PETA Asia's equivalent contest last year.
Balan, who has won the crown in 2010, too has often credited her curves to her meat-free diet, saying, "I am a vegetarian, as a result my metabolism has improved and this is a huge contributor to weight loss."
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar
- Raja-Mandala: Re-imagining the Middle East
- My birth is my fatal accident
- Yes, Delhi, it worked
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy