Amitabh Bachchan, Vidya Balan named PETA's hottest vegetarian celebrities
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Bollywood megastar Amitab Bachchan and actress Vidya Balan have been named PETA's hottest celebrity vegetarians of 2012.
The other names in the running were Miss India Neha Dhupia, actor Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, southern star Dhanush, Kareena Kapoor and veteran actress Hema Malini.
Bachchan, 70, has been named the hottest vegetarian celebrity three times in the past and even won the crown in PETA Asia's equivalent contest last year.
Balan, who has won the crown in 2010, too has often credited her curves to her meat-free diet, saying, "I am a vegetarian, as a result my metabolism has improved and this is a huge contributor to weight loss."
More and more of India's hottest stars are choosing to keep meat off their plates and when you look at Amitabh and Vidya, it is easy to see why," said Poorva Joshipura, CEO, PETA India.