Amitabh Bachchan, Vidya Balan named PETA's hottest vegetarian celebrities
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
Bollywood megastar Amitab Bachchan and actress Vidya Balan have been named PETA's hottest celebrity vegetarians of 2012.
The other names in the running were Miss India Neha Dhupia, actor Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, southern star Dhanush, Kareena Kapoor and veteran actress Hema Malini.
Bachchan, 70, has been named the hottest vegetarian celebrity three times in the past and even won the crown in PETA Asia's equivalent contest last year.
Balan, who has won the crown in 2010, too has often credited her curves to her meat-free diet, saying, "I am a vegetarian, as a result my metabolism has improved and this is a huge contributor to weight loss."
More and more of India's hottest stars are choosing to keep meat off their plates and when you look at Amitabh and Vidya, it is easy to see why," said Poorva Joshipura, CEO, PETA India.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students