Amitabh Bachchan's The Great Gatsby to release in May
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan's debut international project The Great Gatsby is in its post-production stage and the actor says it will be out by May this year.
Bachchan, 70, who is currently shooting for Prakash Jha's Satyagrah in Bhopal, received a call from filmmaker Baz Luhrmann regarding the film's update.
"Baz Luhrmann calls to update on Great Gatsby... Final settings being done... Should be out May ... Hope to see a print in April!," Bachchan posted on Twitter.
Bachchan will play Meyer Wolfsheim, a man with a dark past, who helps the film's lead Leonardo DiCaprio's character make money when he first comes to New York after the First World War.
The much anticipated film is an adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald's classic of the same name and also stars Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire and Joel Edgerton in important roles.