Amitabh, Jaya Bachchan in trouble over land scam: Ex-IPS officer Y P Singh
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan have been accused by former IPS officer Y P Singh for putting their money into a project, that has violated many BMC norms.
Singh has asserted in a press conference that though he cannot say that the Bachchan family gave a loan of Rs 9 crore to a real estate firm to build the mall in Mumbai, it is now clear that the mall is being built on illegal ground.
He also said that the Bachchan family must take the loan back and ask the BMC to demolish the partly-constructed mall.
He also said that the family is known for its good work in the society, so they should wash its hands of the issue.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?