Amitabh to forego fee for sharing screen with Mohanlal
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi, Nitish are bosom friends, says Lalu; Sonia files nomination
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- SpiceJet can't sell tickets at Re 1, it is malpractice, says DGCA
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- Five killed as 8.2 magnitude earthquake jolts Chile; tsunami alert issued
Describing Mohanlal as a "great exponent of his art and craft and one of the finest actors of the country," from Kerala and Malayalam cinema, Big B in his latest blogpost said, the superstar along with director Ravi had come over to finalise dates and schedules for the film, the title of which is yet to be announced.
"They (Mohanlal and Ravi) had come over to officially sign me on and make payments etc.. Ha..!! Payments ? Fees ? Remuneration ? For a guest appearance of three days ? With Mohanlal who has always had my greatest admiration ? No way !! I don't charge money for such acts," Bachchan wrote.
He said he shall just gloat in the honour that he shall derive by working in a Malayalam film and that too with the "exceptional Mohanlal"!
"Respectfully declined their offer, gave them some home-made tea, shook hands, embraced and saw them off. It (film) will probably be shot in Ooty, the picturesque and quaint hill station in the beautiful Nilgiri Range of mountains down south," Bachchan said, adding he had wonderful memories of several other films shot there.
"Shall be visiting Ooty after ages," he said.
The decision to act in a Malayalam film was taken by Big B when he met Mohanlal at a felicitation function for Oscar-winning sound recordist Resul Pookutty in December last year.
The subject of the film has not been revealed but according to some reports the story will revolve around the life of soldiers.
It is also understood that the film is inspired by hijacking of the Indian airlines IC 814 in Afghanistan in 1999, and Amitabh will be seen as the father of a passenger on the ill-fated plane while Mohanlal will play a commando.
Both actors teamed up in 'Ram Gopal Verma Ki Aag' with Mohanlal essaying the role of 'Thakur' and Bachchan, playing his nemesis Gabbar Singh.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies