Amity teacher files FIR, says son of SP MLA and Mulayam kin slapped her
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
A woman teacher of Amity University was allegedly abused and slapped by a student, who is the son of a ruling Samajwadi Party MLA, on Thursday. The student is also related to SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Abhinav Gupta, who is a law student of the university, allegedly bore a grudge against the lecturer, Archana Shukla, ever since she refused to increase his attendance in her class despite his long absence last year. He had been regularly harassing her and had even been suspended once.
However, a day after the reported physical assault, police had not taken any action in the matter in spite an FIR lodged by the teacher.
On Friday, Shukla, who teaches labour law and jurisprudence, met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and urged him to ensure her security. Shukla said she told the Chief Minister that she was being harassed by Abhinav, son of SP MLA from Bidhuna Pramod Gupta, for more than a year now by making unwanted calls, threats and derogatory and abusive remarks.
She said the Chief Minister promised her security and strict action against Abhinav.
Amity University spokesperson Ashutosh Chaubey said the university administration had suspended Abhinav. A three-member committee headed by Director of Languages Department, Manju Agarwal, had been formed to conduct an inquiry and submit its report by Monday.
Abhinav and his MLA father were not available for their comments.
Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said he was not aware of the incident as he was travelling.