Amla, Smith guide SA to 292-run lead in 3rd test
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Smith's batting indicated it doesn't want anything less than a big victory at the same ground where South Africa chased 414 to beat Australia for a series victory in 2008. He and Amla were scoring at 7.
59 an over as their partnership hit 124 but were slowed down by a spell from Mitchell Johnson.
The record for the fastest century stand in terms of run-rate was the 7.32 an over in a 144-run opening stand between Marvan Atapattu and Sanath Jayasuriya against Bangladesh at Colombo in September 2001.
The Amla-Smith stand eclipsed the South African record of 6.22 an over which Smith and AB de Villiers scored at while compiling 217 against Zimbabwe at Cape Town in 2005.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'