Amrita Singh to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Actress Amrita Singh will be seen playing onscreen mother to newbie Arjun Kapoor in Karan Johar's cross-culture love story '2 States'.
"Amrita Singh has been roped in by Dharma Productions to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'," a source close to the project said.
Earlier in Sanjay Gupta's crime drama 'Shootout at Lokhandwala' the 54-year-old played mother to gangster Maya Dolas essayed by Vivek Oberoi. In Apoorva Lakhia's 'Dus Kahaniyaan', she played mother to Minissha Lamba.
The shooting of '2 States' is yet to begin and the makers may start this from February or March.
The film will see Arjun playing the role of a Punjabi boy, while newbie Alia Bhatt plays a Tamilian girl.
Its a story about two people from different states falling in love and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words