Amrita Singh to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Amrita Singh will be seen playing onscreen mother to newbie Arjun Kapoor in Karan Johar's cross-culture love story '2 States'.
"Amrita Singh has been roped in by Dharma Productions to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'," a source close to the project said.
Earlier in Sanjay Gupta's crime drama 'Shootout at Lokhandwala' the 54-year-old played mother to gangster Maya Dolas essayed by Vivek Oberoi. In Apoorva Lakhia's 'Dus Kahaniyaan', she played mother to Minissha Lamba.
The shooting of '2 States' is yet to begin and the makers may start this from February or March.
The film will see Arjun playing the role of a Punjabi boy, while newbie Alia Bhatt plays a Tamilian girl.
Its a story about two people from different states falling in love and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
'2 States' is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Chetan Bhagat.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express