Amrita Singh to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Actress Amrita Singh will be seen playing onscreen mother to newbie Arjun Kapoor in Karan Johar's cross-culture love story '2 States'.
"Amrita Singh has been roped in by Dharma Productions to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'," a source close to the project said.
Earlier in Sanjay Gupta's crime drama 'Shootout at Lokhandwala' the 54-year-old played mother to gangster Maya Dolas essayed by Vivek Oberoi. In Apoorva Lakhia's 'Dus Kahaniyaan', she played mother to Minissha Lamba.
The shooting of '2 States' is yet to begin and the makers may start this from February or March.
The film will see Arjun playing the role of a Punjabi boy, while newbie Alia Bhatt plays a Tamilian girl.
Its a story about two people from different states falling in love and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
'2 States' is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Chetan Bhagat.