Amrita Singh to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Actress Amrita Singh will be seen playing onscreen mother to newbie Arjun Kapoor in Karan Johar's cross-culture love story '2 States'.
"Amrita Singh has been roped in by Dharma Productions to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'," a source close to the project said.
Earlier in Sanjay Gupta's crime drama 'Shootout at Lokhandwala' the 54-year-old played mother to gangster Maya Dolas essayed by Vivek Oberoi. In Apoorva Lakhia's 'Dus Kahaniyaan', she played mother to Minissha Lamba.
The shooting of '2 States' is yet to begin and the makers may start this from February or March.
The film will see Arjun playing the role of a Punjabi boy, while newbie Alia Bhatt plays a Tamilian girl.
Its a story about two people from different states falling in love and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
'2 States' is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Chetan Bhagat.