Amritpal, Siddharth star looking to go all the way
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
A fiery bowling spell from Amritpal Bajwa (5 for 64) and Siddharth Sharma (4 for 63) decimated the Andhra Pradesh batting lineup while Prabhjot Singh hit a superb half-century (85) to steer Punjab to an easy nine-wicket victory in the Under-19 Cooch Behar match played at Ongole on Tuesday. Punjab garnered six points from the match and took their tally to 13 points, securing berth in the knockout stage.
Resuming from their overnight score of 83 for 2, Andhra Pradesh lost their remaining eight wickets for the addition of 85 runs to be shot out for 168 in 41.5 overs. Amritpal and Siddharth shared nine wickets between them to bundle the AP team for a paltry total. Amritpal was impressive as the medium-pacer hit the right line to pick up five wickets. Siddharth bowled in tandem with him and grabbed four wickets. M Pranith top scored for the team with 43 runs.
Needing 145 for an outright victory, Punjab openers Prabhjot Singh and Mandeep Singh gave a flying start to the team by putting on a century partnership (113) before Mandeep was dismissed for 49, which he scored off 104 balls with the help of seven boundaries.
Rohan Marwaha then joined Prabhjot and the duo carried the team to the victory target in mere 36.1 overs. Prabhjot remained unbeaten on 85 off 101 deliveries and he hit four boundaries and four mighty sixes during his stay at the crease.
BRIEF SCORES: Andhra first: 1st innings: 316; Punjab: 1st first innings: 338: Andhra P: 2nd innings: 168 all out in 41.5 overs (M.Pranith 43, Ricky Bhui 31, G.Shamsunder 28, D.Naren Reddy 22, Amritpal Bajwa 5 for 64, Siddharth Sharma 4 for 63); Punjab: 2nd
innings: 145 for 1 in 36.1 overs (Prabhjot Singh 85 no, Mandeep Singh 49, Ricky Bhui 1 for 19).
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde