Amritsar airport set to get helpline to assist travellers
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
In what is being projected as a first-of-its-kind initiative at any airport run by the Airport Authority of India (AAI), Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport in Amritsar is set to have a dedicated helpdesk that will function round-the-clock to assist domestic and international travellers.
The helpdesk is likely to be inaugurated by Amritsar MP Navjot Singh Sidhu on Tuesday. "Travellers will be able to get any information related to flights, customs and immigration among others through a single window system of helpline and helpdesk," said Navneet Singh of Orango Solutions, which has executed the helpdesk project.
"Amritsar international airport is the most important airport in North India after New Delhi airport, as it caters to travellers from Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir and even from parts of Himachal Pradesh like Kangra valley. The helpdesk here will have information about all flights under one roof. Anyone coming to the airport from far-off places may check in advance the likely flight take-off time in case of dense fog or other circumstances before starting for the airport," Singh said.
He added: "Moreover, there have been issues of passengers bringing in goods like TVs, larger than the allowed size, and being subjected to heavy penalty. The helpline will cater to all such customs queries, where travellers can plan what they can carry from abroad." In case the helpline does not have specific information about something, it will assist a traveller by supplying the contact number of concerned authority.
The airport will also have 10 suggestion boxes, where travellers can drop their suggestions.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2