Amritsar minor rape case: Chargesheet filed in 4 days
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
The Amritsar police Wednesday filed a chargesheet in an alleged rape case of a 13-year-old girl within four days of registering the case.
The police filed the chargesheet before a court of judicial magistrate first class against 38-year-old Dhoti Yadav, a father of three, for "raping the minor girl six times in four months" in Maqboolpura area of Amritsar.
The victim lived with her aunt in a locality in Amritsar. The accused, a migrant from Bihar, lived in the same building with his family.
The case was registered on December 30 on the complaint of victim's aunt, who alleged that in her absence, Yadav "raped" the minor.
Maqboolpura SHO Jagbinder Singh said police had arrested Yadav on the evening of December 31, produced him before a court next day and he was sent to judicial custody till January 15.
Police got the victim medically examined and got her statement recorded before a magistrate.
Maqboolpura SHO said the victim was sexually assaulted for the first time 20 days after Raksha Bandhan when her aunt, a widow, had gone to her native place in connection with completing formalities for widow pension.
"The last time, Yadav raped the victim was two days before Diwali," the SHO said.
"Yadav's wife used to call me mother and I had left my niece with them when I was away," said the victim's aunt.