'Amritsar-Wagah' road to be named after Swami Vivekanand
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Punjab government has decided to name 'Amritsar-Wagah' road as Swami Vivekanand Marg to mark the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekanand.
This was stated by Chief Parliamentary Secretary (Local Bodies) Som Parkash at 'Shobha Yatra' organised on Friday in connection with the celebrations.
As part of his birth anniversary celebrations, prizes of Rs 1 lakh will be given every year to organisations or persons for their outstanding contributions to public causes like communal harmony, environment and social service, Parkash said.
Punjab State Text Book Board had also been directed to include one chapter about Swami Vivekanand in the syllabi of school text books.
Seminars about the life and philosophy of Swami Vivekanand will be organised in schools,colleges and Universities. Year-long celebrations will also include public awareness campaigns.