AMU professor booked, suspended over sexual harassment
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
A professor in Law department of the Aligarh Muslim University has been booked and placed under suspension after a complaint of sexual harassment by a student.
Mohammad Shabbir , who is the chairman of department of Law in the University, was suspended on Thursday.
Late last evening, the father of the girl lodged a case at Civil Lines Police station against the professor under relevant sections of the IPC, police said.
On December 3, the girl, studying LLM, had filed a complaint alleging that the professor had indulged in sexual harassment when she met him in connection with a project report, AMU spokesman Rahat Abrar said.
The university authorities immediately referred the matter to the Women Complaint Cell and after preliminary inquiry the cell submitted its report on Thursday.
Acting on the report, which found charges of the girl "prima facie correct", the authorities suspended the teacher.