AMU suspends studentsí union vice-president
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) administration has suspended vice-president of AMU students' union Taushif Alam and barred his entry on the university campus and its maintained institutions pending disciplinary proceedings.
University Vice-Chancellor Lt Gen (Retd) Zameer Uddin Shah, being patron of the AMUSU, has ordered that till the finalisation of disciplinary proceedings, Alam is divested of his responsibility as vice-president of the students' body.
According to a notification issued by the university registrar Shahrukh Shamshad, Alam was issued a written warning on February 28 for indulging in unlawful activities but, instead of responding to the warning, he wilfully continued to indulge in acts of indiscipline.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties