AMU withdraws decision to cut annual holidays
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Following objections from some quarters over the reduction of annual holidays at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), the authorities today decided to restore the holidays for Mahashivratri and Ali Day(birthday of Hazrat Ali).
Under the revised notification issued by the University last night, their will be 24 annual festival holidays.
AMU authorities had earlier this week decided to cut down the annual festival holidays with the objective of "increasing work output" at the University.
Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad had protested against the decision alleging that the move smacked bias against a particular community.
The Central Government has listed 17 gazetted holidays and another three restricted holidays bringing the total to 20, University spokesperson Rahat Abrar told reporters here.
He added that while cutting down the number of festival holidays, the University has followed the recommendations of the Central Government.
The University has added four extra holidays keeping in mind the "special background and traditions" of the national institution.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer