Amul, Rasna, Vadilal among country’s most trusted brands
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Amul, Rasna and Vadilal are among the Gujarat-based brands that figure in the latest list of the "country's most trusted" brands.
Amul has been adjudged as India's most trusted Food and Beverage (F&B) brand out of a total of 123 brands listed in the category. Amul has been rated above other F&B brands like Nestle Maggi, Parle, Britannia, Coca-Cola and Cadbury, states the latest Brand Trust Report published by Trust Research Advisory, a private research firm that has studied 19,000 brands and 2,500 respondents in 16 cities.
In the ice-cream sub-category on the F&B list, Ahmedabad-headquartered Vadilal has been rated as the most trusted brand ahead of Baskin & Robbins and Kwality Walls.
Other Gujarat-based brands that topped different categories include Rasna, which trounced Glucon-D and Tang in the powdered drink category, while Ahmedabad-based Nirma displaced Hindustan Lever to become the country's trusted consumer product manufacturer this year.
"Getting Gujarat brands as category leaders in trust shows how these brands have now begun to pervade the national consciousness," said N Chandramouli, CEO of Trust Research Advisory while commenting on the contents of the report.
Similarly, state government-owned Gujarat Industrial Power Company is the most trusted infrastructure company. The company ranks ahead of giants like National Thermal Power Company and Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust.