An Aadhaar for Aadhaar?
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
So forgive me for instilling a dose of gloom into the current euphoria over Aadhaar and saying as clearly as possible that in order to prove Aadhaar's usefulness we are likely to have larger and larger government welfare programmes like the ambitious food security plan. What we should be discussing instead is the end of all centralised welfare schemes on the grounds that they have failed. But, then what use would Aadhaar be to anyone?
Follow Tavleen Singh on Twitter @ tavleen_singh