An Aadhaar for Aadhaar?
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
So forgive me for instilling a dose of gloom into the current euphoria over Aadhaar and saying as clearly as possible that in order to prove Aadhaar's usefulness we are likely to have larger and larger government welfare programmes like the ambitious food security plan. What we should be discussing instead is the end of all centralised welfare schemes on the grounds that they have failed. But, then what use would Aadhaar be to anyone?
Follow Tavleen Singh on Twitter @ tavleen_singh