An Indian Summer
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Designer Naeem Khan to debut at the Lakme Fashion Week.
Last year's Summer/Resort edition of Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) scored a coup in the form of New York-based designer Bibhu Mohapatra. This year, the five-day fashion event ó to take place at Mumbai's Grand Hyatt from March 22 to 26 ó boasts of designer Naeem Khan's presence.
The internationally-acclaimed designer will be vowing fashion lovers with his latest collection at LFW. "I am incredibly excited to showcase my collection in India for the first time, especially in my hometown, Mumbai. It is an honour to be a part of Lakme Fashion Week," says the Indian-born, American designer.
Khan is credited with dressing up some of the most glamorous personalities in the West, such as the US First Lady, Michelle Obama, and stars such as Beyonce, Penelope Cruz, Eva Longoria and Lady Gaga. Moreover, his designs have been featured in fashion dramas such as Sex & the City and Dreamgirls.
Purnima Lamba, Lakme, head-innovations, says that they are extremely proud to have Khan on board this season. "His show promises to be truly grand with his signature style gowns and evening wear that are synonymous with trans-national glamour."