An Unusual Love Triangle
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Monday to Thursday, 8pm
What's it about?
On a foggy night in the midst of a deserted hilly terrain, a jeep comes to a screeching halt. A young boy in his 20s emerges from the vehicle. While he is busy repairing the jeep, he hears the sound of a woman sobbing. He looks around but finds no one. This is the introductory scene of Anaamika, a show based on witchcraft and superstitious beliefs. India has always been a land of myths and folklore. Most Indians believe in superstitions, especially buri nazar, and this is what the show focuses on. The show narrates the story of two childhood friend, Jeet and Rano, who are on the verge of getting married. Just when things are going fine for the couple, Anaamika enters Jeet's life and threatens to shake the foundation of their love.
Who's in it?
The role of Anaamika is played by Simran Kaur, who is yet to be introduced on the show. Mudit Nayar and Annie Gill essay the roles of Jeet Saluja and Rano Walia respectively. Jeet is an easygoing young man whose only dream in life is to be a professional boxer. Rano, on the other hand, is more level-headed and understands the struggles of life since she was brought up by her mother, a single parent. Sonika Gill and Deepak Dutta play Jeet's parents and Namrata Dhaneja essays the role of Rano's mother. Hemant Chadha and Sonia Kaur play the roles of Jeet's older brother and sister-in-law respectively. The most interesting member of the Saluja household is Madhumati, who plays the role of Bebe (Jeet's grandmother). She is shown as a tech-savvy woman who is always tinkering with gadgets.
The concept is a clear winner here. Indian television has had shows dwelling on superstitious beliefs and black magic, but they have often been categorised in the horror genre. In this case, however, a daily soap on primetime television deals with the supernatural genre and Anaamika, one of the main characters in the love triangle, is a supernatural being. The opening episode creates intrigue about the story and the characters. Since Anaamika has not yet been introduced to the audience (except for a glimpse) and her backstory has still been kept under wraps, we see the writers building the plot to create suspense. The production quality of the show is also quite good, with the sets looking real and not mere studio set-ups.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express