Anand Vihar to Meerut RTS: 7 of 14 stations likely to be in Ghaziabad
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Seven of the 14 stations proposed for the Rapid Transport System (RTS), to run from Anand Vihar in Delhi to Meerut, are likely to be in Ghaziabad.
This was revealed through a presentation at the office of Ghaziabad District Magistrate Hridyesh Kumar, where he was holding a meeting with citizens, industrialists and National Capital Region board members on Thursday evening.
While the rail service would start from Anand Vihar, it is proposed to pass through the Sahibabad, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, Moradnagar and Modinagar stations in Ghaziabad district. Once it enters Meerut, it would pass through Meerut South, Shatabdi Nagar, Meerut Centre, Begumpur, Meerut North and finally wind up at the Pallavpuram depot.
According to Kumar, each station is proposed to be located at a distance of five km from the next. "Commuters plying between Meerut and Ghaziabad would reach their destinations in less than 45 minutes. The speed of the train is proposed to be between 130 and 160 km per hour," he said.
Inviting suggestions from the residents, Kumar said the administration would mull over the suggestion to extend the line from Dilshad Metro station to Mohan Nagar for making commuting easier.