Anandi Patel eyes over 140 seats
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Revenue Minister Anandi Patel, who filed her nomination papers on Thursday for Ghatlodia Assembly constituency, said the people of Gujarat will return the BJP to power with more than 140 seats. "A government can be formed with 92 seats, but it will be a big difference and great feeling to form a government with 140 seats," she said at a public meeting before proceeding to file her nomination papers this morning.
She said building a house on a ready base was easy but destroying a base (of Congress) and then build a new structure was quite a task "which our leader accomplished". "Now is time to take it further under their guidance," she said, adding, "This poll gives us a chance to show that 80% of Gujarat is behind our Chief Minister Narendra Modi..."
- Four yrs on, 12-yr-old heart patient awaits surgery date at KEM hospital
- A month later, no headway in ‘robbery’ case filed by US national
- E-way users to continue paying toll after 2019
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 863 crore of Jagan, aides
- Hawkers might soon get new space — rly station skywalks
- Modi fans vs Joshi fans in battle for Varanasi