Anandi Patel eyes over 140 seats
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
Revenue Minister Anandi Patel, who filed her nomination papers on Thursday for Ghatlodia Assembly constituency, said the people of Gujarat will return the BJP to power with more than 140 seats. "A government can be formed with 92 seats, but it will be a big difference and great feeling to form a government with 140 seats," she said at a public meeting before proceeding to file her nomination papers this morning.
She said building a house on a ready base was easy but destroying a base (of Congress) and then build a new structure was quite a task "which our leader accomplished". "Now is time to take it further under their guidance," she said, adding, "This poll gives us a chance to show that 80% of Gujarat is behind our Chief Minister Narendra Modi..."