And the jhuggis are visible now...
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
After keeping the filth and jhuggis under wraps just to show the best of Ludhiana to the Pakistani guests, they were once again visible like normal on Sunday morning.
On Saturday, the garbage heaps and jhuggis on Hambaran road and Pakhowal road were covered with tents and the dwellers were told to stay behind the tents. On Sunday morning, the tents were removed and the dwellers led a normal life.
Pakistan Punjab's Chief Minister Shahbaj Sharif had to see the revenue department's office located on the Hambaran road. Therefore, the jhuggis along the way had been covered with tents and so had been the garbage dumps. However, foul smell kept emanating as usual.
Sharif stayed for about four minutes at the revenue office.
Not only this, even the filthy area on Pakhowal road was covered up with tents. The area had been encroached upon by jhuggi dwellers for the past many years. The organisers had a valid reason for this as well. A dinner for Pak delegates and select Punjab officers along with politicians had been hosted at Stallone Manor located on the Pakhowal road. The vehicles had to cross through the road where jhuggis were located. Therefore, they too were kept under wraps.
This is a new practice being followed by the government as it was seen even in Faridkot and Bathinda when Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was supposed to visit a particular area last month and encroachments were visible along the way.
Even on Ferozepur road, the area opposite GADVASU and PAU was seen extra clean on Saturday because the shopkeepers were specifically told to do parking judiciously a day before Sharif's visit. New plantation had also been done along the central verge and service lane to beautify the area.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'