And the Party begins
- Tamil Nadu, Kerala: What makes oldest candidates in fray most sought-after by their parties?
- AgustaWestland chronology to be placed before Parliament on May 4: Parrikar
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Mi-17 choppers to spray water over forests
- May Day protest: Why MGNREGA workers in Jharkhand are returning Rs 5 to PM Modi
- Tavleen Singh's column: Bribery and hope
They have been open about their relationship ever since they started dating in 2007. Also, over the last year, the couple has spoken about their wedding plans. However, when Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan finally decided to tie the knot, they decided to keep it out of the media's eyes as much as possible. A low-key sangeet ceremony marked the beginning of the actors' wedding celebration.
Held on the terrace of their new home in Khar on Sunday, the guest list for the evening was limited to only family and a few friends. Kareena looked resplendent in a saffron lehenga-choli designed by her friend and favourite designer Manish Malhotra. Saif was dressed in an off-white bandhgala. Neetu Kapoor, Reema Jain and her son Armaan, Soha Ali Khan with boyfriend Kunal Khemu, and Saba Ali Khan were the family present at the do. Amrita Arora with husband Shakeel Ladak, Malaika Arora Khan, Tusshar Kapoor, Anu and Sunny Dewan, Maheep and Sanjay Kapoor, Ayan Mukerji, Karan Johar, Malhotra and Homi Adajania, who directed Saif in Cocktail, were among the friends who attended and performed at the sangeet.
The couple is scheduled to have a registered marriage in Mumbai today, which will be a quiet affair. It will be followed by a reception in Delhi on October 18.