Andhra Pradesh: 11 tribal girls in hostel allege sexual abuse by tutor
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
Eleven minor tribal girls residing in a students' hostel run by an NGO in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh, have alleged sexual assault by their tutor for the past five months, police said on Saturday.
According to Nalgonda Superintendent of Police T Prabhakar Rao, a case was on Thursday registered against accused R Harish following a complaint by the victims.
Harish, who was appointed by the NGO management was also staying in the same hostel in Enemeedha Tanda under Tungaturthy Gram Panchayat, where the abuse happened. He allegedly threatened the girls and sexually abused them, a police official said.
As many as 78 students comprising boys and girls are staying in the hostel.
"Harish was on leave for three days last week, when girls came out and informed their kin about their trauma. We immediately swung into action and sent the girls for medical examination. All the children are below 13 years of age. We formed special teams to catch the accused," Rao told PTI.
However, sources in the department said that police have already nabbed Harish and are questioning him.
The couple -- Srinivas and Sarita-- who are running the NGO will also be questioned on any violations in running the hostel, the police official said.
As of now, a case under relevant sections of protection of children from sexual assault besides cheating, has been registered, he added.