Anil Bastawade close associate of former Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda detained in Indonesia on money laundering charges
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Anil Bastawade, a fugitive businessman and a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, has been detained in Indonesia following an Interpol notice against him on alleged money laundering charges.
Investigators said Bastawade will now be brought back to India after the CBI earlier today informed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) about the detention by Indonesian enforcement agencies.
The CBI had earlier issued a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against him on the request of the ED which is probing charges of alleged money laundering against the businessman.
The ED wants the custody of the 48-year-old businessman to probe the alleged financial irregularities conducted by Koda during his tenure as Chief Minister of the mineral rich state under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Koda is at present jailed in Ranchi.
ED suspects Bastawade to have made alleged illegal investments in Dubai and other foreign locations on behalf of Koda and his other associates.
The agency has named him in its charge sheet filed last year in the case and has underlined his role in purchasing properties in the UAE from "criminal proceeds" generated by alleged illegal activities during the tenure of Koda.