Anil Bastawade close associate of former Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda detained in Indonesia on money laundering charges
- Start Up India: Budget 2016 will see friendly tax regime, says Jaitley
- Burkina Faso Attack: At least 20 dead in siege at hotel, al Qaeda claims responsibility
- Jaitley never spoke to me about GST bill, invited me for daughter's wedding: Rahul Gandhi
- Beef search on train: I thought we were alive, why file a complaint and invite harassment, says victim
- India, Pakistan Foreign Secy talks likely in January
Anil Bastawade, a fugitive businessman and a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, has been detained in Indonesia following an Interpol notice against him on alleged money laundering charges.
Investigators said Bastawade will now be brought back to India after the CBI earlier today informed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) about the detention by Indonesian enforcement agencies.
The CBI had earlier issued a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against him on the request of the ED which is probing charges of alleged money laundering against the businessman.
The ED wants the custody of the 48-year-old businessman to probe the alleged financial irregularities conducted by Koda during his tenure as Chief Minister of the mineral rich state under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Koda is at present jailed in Ranchi.
ED suspects Bastawade to have made alleged illegal investments in Dubai and other foreign locations on behalf of Koda and his other associates.