Anil Bastawade close associate of former Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda detained in Indonesia on money laundering charges
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Anil Bastawade, a fugitive businessman and a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, has been detained in Indonesia following an Interpol notice against him on alleged money laundering charges.
Investigators said Bastawade will now be brought back to India after the CBI earlier today informed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) about the detention by Indonesian enforcement agencies.
The CBI had earlier issued a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against him on the request of the ED which is probing charges of alleged money laundering against the businessman.
The ED wants the custody of the 48-year-old businessman to probe the alleged financial irregularities conducted by Koda during his tenure as Chief Minister of the mineral rich state under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Koda is at present jailed in Ranchi.
ED suspects Bastawade to have made alleged illegal investments in Dubai and other foreign locations on behalf of Koda and his other associates.