Anil Kapoor, Abhinay Deo in search of 30 new faces
Bollywood star Anil Kapoor, who has bought the rights of popular American TV series '24', is looking to cast 30 new faces in the Indian version of the counter-terrorism drama.
The original show, which ran for eight seasons, also had the 52-year-old actor in a cameo in the final season.
The Indian version is to be directed by Abhinay Deo, who has joined hands with the 52-year-old actor to launch new talent.
Deo and Kapoor have already started the auditioning process. They are also scouting for locations where the TV series will be shot.
"It is true that Abhinay and Anil are looking to launch 30 new faces for the Indian version of TV series '24'," a source said.
'24' will go on floors by end of January as soon as the cast and locations are finalised. It will be aired on Colors.
In the Indian version Kapoor will play the iconic character of Jack Bauer, essayed by Kiefer Sutherland in the original.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan