Anil Kapoor, Abhinay Deo in search of 30 new faces
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Bollywood star Anil Kapoor, who has bought the rights of popular American TV series '24', is looking to cast 30 new faces in the Indian version of the counter-terrorism drama.
The original show, which ran for eight seasons, also had the 52-year-old actor in a cameo in the final season.
The Indian version is to be directed by Abhinay Deo, who has joined hands with the 52-year-old actor to launch new talent.
Deo and Kapoor have already started the auditioning process. They are also scouting for locations where the TV series will be shot.
"It is true that Abhinay and Anil are looking to launch 30 new faces for the Indian version of TV series '24'," a source said.
'24' will go on floors by end of January as soon as the cast and locations are finalised. It will be aired on Colors.
In the Indian version Kapoor will play the iconic character of Jack Bauer, essayed by Kiefer Sutherland in the original.