Anita Hassanandaniís first at silent comedy
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Popular for her role on the hit TV show Kkavyanjali, Anita Hassanandani, who was a regular face in daily soaps and South films, is back after a break of one year. But this time she is attempting to explore her comic side. "I have had my fill doing the regular rona-dhona stuff on daily soaps. Now I want to re-invent myself by doing something new," declares Hassanandani , who is currently seen on the season two of SAB TV's silent comedy, Gutur Gu.
It is Hassanandani's first attempt at doing silent comedy. "When I took up the show, I did not think it would be difficult, but once at it, it was a lot of hardwork,"she confesses.
So how did she brace herself up for this role? "After I became the part of the show, I saw the entire season one in order to get the feel of it and also saw Charlie Chaplin movies. My training is still on, as I observe the rest of the cast, when they shoot for their part, and try and imbibe their body language," says Hassanandani, who plays the daughter-in-law of Bhavana Balsaver and sister-in-law of Bhairavi Raichura. She feels that with two power houses on her side, it is easy to grasp the art of silent comedy.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within