Anita Hassanandani’s first at silent comedy
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Popular for her role on the hit TV show Kkavyanjali, Anita Hassanandani, who was a regular face in daily soaps and South films, is back after a break of one year. But this time she is attempting to explore her comic side. "I have had my fill doing the regular rona-dhona stuff on daily soaps. Now I want to re-invent myself by doing something new," declares Hassanandani , who is currently seen on the season two of SAB TV's silent comedy, Gutur Gu.
It is Hassanandani's first attempt at doing silent comedy. "When I took up the show, I did not think it would be difficult, but once at it, it was a lot of hardwork,"she confesses.
So how did she brace herself up for this role? "After I became the part of the show, I saw the entire season one in order to get the feel of it and also saw Charlie Chaplin movies. My training is still on, as I observe the rest of the cast, when they shoot for their part, and try and imbibe their body language," says Hassanandani, who plays the daughter-in-law of Bhavana Balsaver and sister-in-law of Bhairavi Raichura. She feels that with two power houses on her side, it is easy to grasp the art of silent comedy.
Hassanandani was last seen on TV show Anhoniyon Ka Andhera. In the interim period, she had shot for ad commercials, learnt cooking and belly dancing. The actress has also signed a couple of movies, which are tentatively slated to go on floor by next year.