Anita Hassanandani’s first at silent comedy
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
Popular for her role on the hit TV show Kkavyanjali, Anita Hassanandani, who was a regular face in daily soaps and South films, is back after a break of one year. But this time she is attempting to explore her comic side. "I have had my fill doing the regular rona-dhona stuff on daily soaps. Now I want to re-invent myself by doing something new," declares Hassanandani , who is currently seen on the season two of SAB TV's silent comedy, Gutur Gu.
It is Hassanandani's first attempt at doing silent comedy. "When I took up the show, I did not think it would be difficult, but once at it, it was a lot of hardwork,"she confesses.
So how did she brace herself up for this role? "After I became the part of the show, I saw the entire season one in order to get the feel of it and also saw Charlie Chaplin movies. My training is still on, as I observe the rest of the cast, when they shoot for their part, and try and imbibe their body language," says Hassanandani, who plays the daughter-in-law of Bhavana Balsaver and sister-in-law of Bhairavi Raichura. She feels that with two power houses on her side, it is easy to grasp the art of silent comedy.
Hassanandani was last seen on TV show Anhoniyon Ka Andhera. In the interim period, she had shot for ad commercials, learnt cooking and belly dancing. The actress has also signed a couple of movies, which are tentatively slated to go on floor by next year.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit