Anita Verma is Mahila Congress president
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Former Chief Parliamentary Secretary and two-time MLA Anita Verma was on Monday appointment as president of All India Mahila Congress ,a key-post earlier also held by former Congress minister and MP Chandresh Kumari .
Anita Verma had lost her Assembly election to Urmila Thakur (BJP) in 2007 from Hamirpur Assembly constituency in the home district of Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
When contacted over phone in her home town, Anita Verma said, "The news of my appointment is a pleasant surprise. I really thank Congress President Sonia Gandhi for giving me an opportunity to take-up such a huge responsibility. I am a person hailing from small state. I grew up in the hills, and also married here only. It's a big thing for me to have been asked to head the All India Mahila Congress and motivate women to play proactive role in the Congress party".
Anita Verma was married to Ramesh Verma, a Congress MLA in Hamirpur. He died at a young age and eventually she filled his shoes at the behast of former PM Rajiv Gandhi.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue