Anna Hazare congratulates Arvind Kejriwal over poll victory in Delhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: AAP candidate in Nalanda beaten up, Shazia Ilmi's rally attacked in MP
Veteran anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare congratulated his former prodigy Arvind Kerjiwal for stellar performance of his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi Assembly poll.
"Arvind has created universe out of zero. He took tremendous efforts and earned the faith of the people of Delhi. I congratulate him. This is only a first victory for him. He will go on in future to do the same nationally," Hazare told reporters in his village Ralegan Siddhi.
A fortnight before Delhi went to polling booth, Anna had accused Kejriwal of abusing his name for Delhi polls and collecting money by selling 'Anna SMS Card' without taking his consent. This, along with a sting operation done by a news portal which showed some AAP candidates accepting donation in cash, had put Kejriwal and his candidates on the defensive immediately before the polling.
Anna, today, however seemed full of praise for Kejriwal with whom he had successfully rocked Delhi twice in April 2011 and August 2011 during the Jan Lokpal agitation.
He said that even if AAP seats of the opposition benches, he is sure Kejriwal's party will play a good opposition.
"Arvind has idealism and has a socialist and nationalistic point of view. I am sure that Arvind will rein in the rulers when he occupies the opposition bench," he added.
Hazare himself has announced a fast-unto-death from December 10 to press the government to pass the Lokpal Bill in the winter session.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit