Anna Hazare plans to rope in Aamir Khan for his movement
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
Veteran social activist Anna Hazare is likely to rope in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan for the new phase of his movement, which he plans to launch in January.
Hazare would speak to Aamir in this regard after the actor returns from Haj pilgrimage, said sources close to the anti-graft crusader.
Aamir's hugely popular TV show "Satyamev Jayate" had raised public awareness about various social issues and this perhaps has prompted Hazare to think about roping in the Bollywood star to popularise the subjects he wants to take up as part of his movement, the sources said.
Aamir had shared the dais with Hazare during the latter's agitation in Delhi last year for a strong Lokpal. He had also sent a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asking the Government to act on the demand for a strong anti-corruption mechanism.
After disbanding Team Anna, which spearheaded the Lokpal agitation, Hazare is in the process of finalising a new team and has spoken about including former Government employees, ex-servicemen among others in it.
According to the 74-year-old Gandhian, besides corruption, his movement will also focus on issues related to farmers and electoral reforms.