Anna Hazareís advice to Arvind Kejriwal: Run government well
- Elections 2014 LIVE: MNREGA money fills Congress' coffers, says Modi; No room for debate and dissent under Modi, says Chavan
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Monday congratulated his former protege Arvind Kejriwal after his AAP announced it would form government in Delhi and that Kejriwal would be the chief minister.
"He has formed the government but now he should also run the government well. He should make sure that the performance of the Delhi government is much better than all other state governments," the social activist told reporters in his Ralegan Siddhi village.
On Kejriwal's promise that his government will pass the "Lokpal Bill" within a week of government formation, Anna said the Bill had already been passed.
"The Bill has been passed by the Central government recently. I don't understand what he (Kejriwal) means when he says he will pass the Lokpal Bill in Delhi. Let him act first, then only I will comment," Anna said, adding, "I have wished him all the best already. I won't comment any further on the issue."
Hazare and Kejriwal are in a confrontation over the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bill, 2011, cleared by the Parliament this month. While Hazare has supported the Bill, Kejriwal termed it toothless.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city