Anna Hazareís advice to Arvind Kejriwal: Run government well
- LIVE: Ashutosh taken away for questioning; AAP gets EC notice over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Monday congratulated his former protege Arvind Kejriwal after his AAP announced it would form government in Delhi and that Kejriwal would be the chief minister.
"He has formed the government but now he should also run the government well. He should make sure that the performance of the Delhi government is much better than all other state governments," the social activist told reporters in his Ralegan Siddhi village.
On Kejriwal's promise that his government will pass the "Lokpal Bill" within a week of government formation, Anna said the Bill had already been passed.
"The Bill has been passed by the Central government recently. I don't understand what he (Kejriwal) means when he says he will pass the Lokpal Bill in Delhi. Let him act first, then only I will comment," Anna said, adding, "I have wished him all the best already. I won't comment any further on the issue."
Hazare and Kejriwal are in a confrontation over the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bill, 2011, cleared by the Parliament this month. While Hazare has supported the Bill, Kejriwal termed it toothless.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students