Anna Hazare’s core group meets in Delhi today
- 'AAP has become a Khap Panchayat,' says Prashant Bhushan after expulsion from party
- Salman Khan hit-and-run case: Verdict to be announced on May 6
- Giriraj Singh denies he met PM Modi and cried
- After 56-day absence, Rahul Gandhi makes comeback in Parliament
- Six coaches of 2 Rajdhani trains gutted in fire, high-level probe ordered
Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Saturday said they are just beginning the meeting to decide on the future strategies.
Hazare is holding his first meeting of his core committee in New Delhi today to deliberate on future strategies of his anti-graft movement.
He is also likely to announce a coordination panel to take his apolitical anti-corruption movement forward. He decided to expand his core team by inviting prominent citizens and considering formation of anti-corruption centres at district level.
Hazare, who was in Guwahati to attend some events, had returned to the capital on Friday afternoon.
Sources close to Hazare said the former Army chief V K Singh will be a special invitee to the meeting.
The new Team Anna comprises Anna Hazare, Medha Patkar, Akhil Gogoi and former DG (Prisons of Punjab) Shashi Kant as among the 16-17 members. Former Army Chief V K Singh will be a special invitee.
Activists like P V Rajagopal, Rajinder Singh and others are also expected to join the group.