Anna Hazare’s core group meets in Delhi today
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- LS: Cong may field Sharmila Tagore from Gurgaon
Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Saturday said they are just beginning the meeting to decide on the future strategies.
Hazare is holding his first meeting of his core committee in New Delhi today to deliberate on future strategies of his anti-graft movement.
He is also likely to announce a coordination panel to take his apolitical anti-corruption movement forward. He decided to expand his core team by inviting prominent citizens and considering formation of anti-corruption centres at district level.
Hazare, who was in Guwahati to attend some events, had returned to the capital on Friday afternoon.
Sources close to Hazare said the former Army chief V K Singh will be a special invitee to the meeting.
The new Team Anna comprises Anna Hazare, Medha Patkar, Akhil Gogoi and former DG (Prisons of Punjab) Shashi Kant as among the 16-17 members. Former Army Chief V K Singh will be a special invitee.
Activists like P V Rajagopal, Rajinder Singh and others are also expected to join the group.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express