Anna Hazare, V K Singh plan to resume nation-wide tour from Bihar
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Former Army chief V K Singh has said he and Gandhian Anna Hazare are planning to resume their nation-wide tour from Bihar to create awareness among people for systematic changes in the country, besides recruiting volunteers to spread their message.
On a tour to the US to accompany Anna Hazare during a portion of his US trip, Gen (rtd) Singh said while they have nothing to do with the coming Lok Sabha polls, their aim is to create awareness among voters so that they elect good people and bring about a positive change.
"Our team has nothing to do with it. Our aim is very simple. Voters must choose good people so that we can bring about a positive change," he said. "All political parties are not composed of bad people only. There are lot of good people.
I am quite sure if people say that our representatives are not the representatives of the political parties the system will change. There is a difference," Singh said.
Responding to a question on news reports about him contesting the next general election on a BJP ticket, Singh refuted such media reports. "I haven't even thought of it so far. I am still working on this awareness mission," he said.
Singh said at the moment the whole campaign aims at bringing about awareness among the people. "We feel that if the voter is aware, he would vote for good people and not vote the way he has voted so far. So our campaign in India is also focused on that," he said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it