Anna Hazare, V K Singh plan to resume nation-wide tour from Bihar
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Former Army chief V K Singh has said he and Gandhian Anna Hazare are planning to resume their nation-wide tour from Bihar to create awareness among people for systematic changes in the country, besides recruiting volunteers to spread their message.
On a tour to the US to accompany Anna Hazare during a portion of his US trip, Gen (rtd) Singh said while they have nothing to do with the coming Lok Sabha polls, their aim is to create awareness among voters so that they elect good people and bring about a positive change.
"Our team has nothing to do with it. Our aim is very simple. Voters must choose good people so that we can bring about a positive change," he said. "All political parties are not composed of bad people only. There are lot of good people.
I am quite sure if people say that our representatives are not the representatives of the political parties the system will change. There is a difference," Singh said.
Responding to a question on news reports about him contesting the next general election on a BJP ticket, Singh refuted such media reports. "I haven't even thought of it so far. I am still working on this awareness mission," he said.
Singh said at the moment the whole campaign aims at bringing about awareness among the people. "We feel that if the voter is aware, he would vote for good people and not vote the way he has voted so far. So our campaign in India is also focused on that," he said.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food